When we say “core values,” what we mean is those principles, in addition to, but based on, doctrine that we hold central to who we are and how we function.
We like to use the word, “CHRIST,” as an acronym to describe our approach to life as believers:
- Consistent Expository Bible Teaching – “Revealing truth in a meaningful and Biblical way.” (Matt 13:34-35; 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 4:2) The primary purpose of our gathering is to equip God’s people, to strengthen and build them up for the work of the Kingdom. God’s Word is the foundation of our message, so we strive to communicate the truth of Scripture through a steady diet of expositional preaching. Preaching and teaching through books of the Bible will be the primary emphasis in order to bring clarity, passion, conviction and understanding to its hearers that they may embrace God’s perspective on life. This does preclude topical teaching at times, but presses us to hold up the whole council of God in all teaching.
- Happy, Healthy and Holy Families – “Raising men up, honoring and protecting women, building solid marriages, and training children in godliness.” (Deuteronomy 6:4-6; Matt 19:14; Ephesians 5:21-31) Happiness, health, and holiness are found in walking in obedience to God’s Word. We want to help households grow Happy, Healthy and Holy together. We foresee this happening best in an environment that fosters and coaches men/husbands/fathers in their role as the proactive spiritual leader of their household, seeking to lead, love and train those under their authority to follow Christ.
- Relational Community – “Doing life together.” (Psalm 68:6; Acts 2:42-48; 1 Thessalonians 2:8) Unlike popular beliefs, the Christian faith is not a personal one, it is a relational one. God is our Father, we are sons and daughter, brothers and sisters, we are a family. Therefore, we believe real authenticity is best described as openness with others about our strengths and weaknesses. Through Hospitality and Productive Fellowship, we strive to help people find their way from anonymity into authentic relationships where people do life together. Come and find your extended family in a church where NO ONE stands alone.
- Intentional Evangelism – “Lost people matter to God, so lost people matter to us.” (Matt 28:16-20; Acts 1:8) God demonstrated the high value He places on people when He gave His very best, His Son, to provide the gift of salvation. To us, intentional evangelism is the difference between sharing the gospel, and being the gospel; between a program and a lifestyle. Wellsprings intentionally purposes to individually and corporately, locally and globally, be good news within all our spheres of influence.
- Shared Ministry – “Every member is a minister.” (Romans 12:4-8; Ephesians 4:11-16; 1 Peter 2:5, 9) We believe God has equipped every believer with gifts and passions so they can become difference makers for Jesus Christ. We encourage everyone to use and develop their gifts and talents in service to the Kingdom, whether that is at church, in the community, or around world. We believe that even leaders serve in community as a team of brothers together.
- Transformed Lives – “Living the Bible, not just knowing the Bible.” (Romans 8:29; 2 Cor. 5:17; 13:8; 1 John 2:6) Walking in the Spirit of Christ is about being “transformed,” not just “informed.” We believe the Bible is God’s Word to our world. Therefore, as disciples of Jesus, we must strive, by the power of the Spirit in us, to live and practice the life changing principles we discover. God gave us His Word in order to equip us and change us for His glory and our joy.